Updated October 28, 2014
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: The Associate Director of Development reports to the Director of Development.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The Associate Director of Development implements campaigns and activities toward meeting all fundraising goals in support of Stern Grove Festival Association's (SGFA) annual operating budget of $2.4 million. The individual will work closely with staff, board and committee members, and event chairs in all areas of development, with a focus on creating new initiatives for individual giving.
- Work closely with key volunteers, Director of Development, and Executive Director to create cultivation, solicitation and stewardship plans for individual donors and prospects and to identify new funders.
- Write and manage electronic and direct mail solicitations to individual donors and prospects, incorporating strategies to expand the Friends of Stern Grove Festival membership program.
- Manage the benefits fulfillment and reservation system for the Friends of Stern Grove Festival membership program.
- In addition to managing membership campaigns, work to expand and execute a donation model as part of SGFA’s fundraising goals.
- Manage all gift entry and donor acknowledgement letters.
- Maintain donor records and files, and prepare reports and analysis of donor activity, solicitation success, and donor trends using Raiser’s Edge.
- Perform all donor database administration and supervisory functions in Raiser’s Edge, including security set-up, cleanup tasks, system upgrades, NCOA updates, and overseeing consistent data entry.
- Assist SGFA in implementing the new Blackbaud SPARK/BBNC module.
- Research, launch and manage a new young auxiliary group of Stern Grove Festival supporters.
- Coordinate hospitality for donors, sponsors, and Festival guests at summer concerts and other events.
- Work closely with volunteers, Development Assistant, and other staff to successfully ensure the best VIP guest experience on Festival Sundays.
- Assist with other tasks or projects as assigned by the Director of Development.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A minimum of three years fundraising experience in the area of individual giving and membership; experience working with non-profit performing arts organizations preferred.
- Raiser’s Edge database experience, including complex querying and reporting as well as system maintenance.
- Demonstrated success with fundraising event planning and management.
- Superior writing, editing, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with volunteer leadership and senior staff, involving them, as appropriate, in the donor cultivation and solicitation process.
- Excellent research skills and an understanding of the annual fundraising process.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple priorities, and work well under pressure.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel; knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Photoshop preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
Full-time non-exempt. All staff members are required to be present and work at the Festival’s ten-week summer concert series.
An attractive compensation and benefits package will be provided to the successful candidate. Stern Grove Festival is an equal opportunity employer.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics and the physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while successfully performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Stern Grove Festival
832 Folsom Street, Suite 1000
San Francisco, CA 94107
ATTN: Human Resources.
No phone calls please.