Updated April 23, 2015
Part-Time, April through August 2015
The Fundraising & Special Events Assistant reports directly to the Associate Director of Development and works closely with other Festival staff to coordinate hospitality for current and prospective donors at performances and events during the 2015 season. This position is ideal for an individual interested in arts administration, fundraising, and event planning. This opportunity will provide excellent hands-on experience during the Festival’s busiest and most exciting time of the year.
- Coordinate special guest invitations and reservations for all Sunday performances and receptions
- Enter event data, confirmed attendees and guests, and follow-up solicitations for each event
- Assist with catering and other event details, as necessary
- Manage in-kind donation solicitations and tracking
- Generate event and fundraising reports
- Share phone, filing, and other administrative responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned
- Coordinate VIP guest check-in and seating
- Organize delivery/set-up of food and beverages in designated areas
- Coordinate set-up/break down of reception areas and reserved seating sections
- Oversee catering staff and Festival volunteers assigned to designated areas
- Commitment to and interest in arts administration, event planning, or fundraising
- Past experience working in a fast-paced performing arts or other festival environment preferred
- Ability to self-start and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Professional presentation and excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Required computer skills: MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word (mail merge features)
- Preferred computer skills: Raiser’s Edge
Seasonal: April through August 2015 (start and end dates are negotiable)
20-32 hours per week, Concert Sundays are required. Hours are variable except for Concert Season, June 14 to August 16, 2015. Schedule to be determined by mutual agreement.
- SGFA Office: 832 Folsom Street, Suite 1000, San Francisco
- Sigmund Stern Grove: 19th Avenue and Sloat Boulevard, San Francisco
Wages commensurate with experience. Paid semi-monthly.
To apply, please submit the following:
- A cover letter stating why you would like to work for Stern Grove Festival Association, what you hope to gain from employment at SGFA, and what skills, abilities, and experiences you bring to the position.
- Your resume
- Two references
Stern Grove Festival Association
Subject line: Development Assistant
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS.
The work environment characteristics and the physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while successfully performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills.