Updated January 12, 2016
GRAPHIC DESIGN ASSISTANT
The Graphic Design Assistant will provide graphic design services for Stern Grove Festival's 79th Season marketing campaign. The Assistant will work under the direction of the Festival's Director of Marketing and Public Relations and with the Festival's design team at 300FeetOut. The position is an ideal opportunity for a student or recent graduate to gain real-world experience and work directly with professional graphic designers on a large-scale marketing campaign.
Provide design services for marketing collateral, web, social media, advertising, and other print and/or digital materials as required, using templates and standards created by the Festival's design team. Review designs with staff and make edits as needed. Prepare artwork/mechanicals for printed collateral and digital artwork for web-based applications. Participate in internal reviews and team meetings, as required.
• Up to two years of Graphic Design experience (study/education acceptable).
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, with an emphasis on Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
• Understanding of four-color process and spot color printing.
• Video and audio editing skills with Adobe Premiere Pro is a plus.
• Detail-oriented and able to follow instructions in a timely manner.
• Self-directed, communicative, and excellent personal time management.
• Enthusiasm for the Festival's mission and a willingness to learn.
• Sense of humor.
March through June, 2016
Maximum of 16 hours per week. Schedule to be determined by mutual agreement.
1) SGFA Office: 832 Folsom Street, Suite 1000, San Francisco
2) 300FeetOut Office: 1035 Folsom Street, San Francisco
Hourly wage commensurate with experience.
This is a local position only, we do not provide moving expenses or travel reimbursements. All candidates must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Send a brief cover letter, and provide either a link to your CV/ portfolio/ resume or submit as a PDF to email@example.com.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE