Mexican Institute of Sound with Special Guests
The Mexican Institute of Sound is the project name of DJ and producer Camilo Lara. A native of Mexico City, Lara recently worked as a music consultant for the Disney movie, “Coco.” Lara debuted the Mexican Institute of Sound's first album, Méjico Máxico (Magic Mexico), in 2006 and went on to place songs in TV shows like Ugly Betty and Californication, and in FIFA video games.
The Stern Grove Festival performance will also feature special guest artists:
- Latin GRAMMY®-nominated accordionist Celso Piña
- Vocalist Denise Gutiérrez of Latin GRAMMY®-nominated indie-rock group Hello Seahorse
- Sergio Arau, celebrated filmmaker, artist, and musician
Featuring the duo of Nicolle Rochelle and Antoine Chatenet, Ginkgoa was discovered at the renowned French festival “Les Francofolies” where they won the prize for favorite group. From pop to the swing of old New York with a mix of electro French beats, Ginkgoa's energetic shows make audiences dance, sway, and sing. Compared to the likes of Caravan Palace and Parov Stelar, Ginkgoa has quickly risen to the top of the electro-swing genre.
- KidStage cumbia dance workshop with Jessica Recinos at noon in the West Meadow.
- Free Yoga Class at noon in the West Meadow.
- Food Trucks in the West Meadow.
The concert is made possible with support from The Richard and Rhoda Goldman Fund.
Season Host: Liam Mayclem.